So I decided to experiment during my lunch hour yesterday with the appliqué.

I tried a thin row of back stitch along the edge and it failed as expected. It will not hold up to the strain, the silk shredded.


Small whip stitches held up to me pulling on them.


Added some wool roving under the silk to see if I liked it padded, ( jury is out still ) and tried out the medium size of the seed pearls.

Overall happy with the outcome, and somewhat relieved it will not take an eternity to do the appliqué.


2 responses to “Experiments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: